Brown Sales is a place where good people who want to work hard have opportunities to thrive, financially and otherwise. We work together as a team to intelligently deliver value to our customers in profitable ways. We take pride in being an excellent place to work. Many members of our team have worked at Brown Sales for over ten years; some have even celebrated their 20-year anniversaries at our company!
We are accepting applications to join our team for the positions below.
The Shipping Manager is responsible for finishing and shipping products at Brown Sales, and to provide general labor and/or assistance in other areas of the company as needed. To execute upon their responsibilities, the manager leads a small team of people to complete finishing, shipping, and other production and operational tasks.
The Shipping Manager ensures that the quality of finished products is acceptable. They also ensure that finished products are properly packaged for safe transit.
The Shipping Manager coordinates shipping via common carriers (e.g. UPS) as well as LTL (e.g. Dayton Freight) and possibly truck-load shipments.
Day-to-day, the Shipping Manager is an active member of the finishing and shipping team. While the manager will have a desk and use a computer regularly, this is not a “desk job;” the manager can expect to spend at least half of their time on the production floor physically completing production and operational tasks. Such physical tasks include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Turning finished products right-side-out
- Stuffing foam into sewn covers
- Packaging products
- Raw materials and finished products movement
Accordingly, a reasonable level of basic physical fitness is required to effectively execute upon this manager’s daily responsibilities.
A successful Shipping Manager will have strong leadership and communication skills, a solid work ethic, an enthusiasm to “get stuff done,” a willingness to learn new things, an appreciation for a sense of team, basic computer knowledge, and a friendly attitude. An ability to communicate fluently in English is required; an ability to communicate in other languages (such as Spanish and/or Chinese) is beneficial.
Job details are as follows:
- Full time (40 hours/week)
- First shift
- Flexible schedule (start and end sometime between 6:00 AM and 5:00 PM)
- Competitive starting wage
- Overtime hours (1.5x pay!) available after training is complete
- Monthly profit sharing bonus (after one year of employment)
- Average profit sharing bonus in 2022 was over $600/month
- 401k program with match (after one year of employment)
- 3-weeks annual paid time off starts to accrue immediately (after probationary period is complete)
- Nine paid holidays per year (New Year’s Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; Friday after Thanksgiving; Christmas Eve; Christmas Day; New Year’s Eve)
- Paid on-the-job training with long-term employees
- Clean, friendly work environment at a stable and growing company